Monday, April 27, 2009

Dive and Trek Adventure



I thought summer would just come and go without me having my day under the sun. But last Sunday, I went on a spur-of-the moment adventure and went snorkelling with newfound friends in Batangas. How did that happen? There's actually a short story behind it. A few weeks ago, my friend Joms invited me to an intro dive getaway with her SFC Meco chapter. Unfortunately, I opted not to go because it was the weekend before my final exam in Crim 2. I knew I'd be cramming by that time. However, I was reminded about the invite last Saturday when my housemate informed me that she's joining the group. I felt left out and since I was already feeling nauseated with all the crimes that I've been studying, I decided right then and there to join them. Alas, there was no more slot in the van for me. That's what I got for dilly-dallying on my decision. But that evening, Kring, another friend from YFC, invited me to have dinner with some good friends to celebrate her graduation. Since Joms was also invited, I asked her about their plans for Sunday and expressed my disappointment that I wouldn't be able to join them. By sheer coincidence, Kring and her friends are also going to the same island on that same day. So, I decided to tag along. :) And that's how I managed to break out of my routine and spent my Sunday in Batangas.

It was very liberating. I never realized how much I missed the outdoors until we were
travelling through SLEX. I really, really, love to travel but ever since I entered lost school, I didn't get to travel as often as I wanted to - for obvious reasons. So, I relished the thought that I wouldn't have to stay in my room the whole day trying to distinguish one crime from the other. I'm actually going on a diving adventure and road tripping with people I barely know. We left early, missed a few turns,got lost a few times but managed to get to our destination. What I love about this kind of adventure is that I didn't know what to expect. There's a certain level of thrill to that kind of uncertainty.

We went to Dive and Trek, a marine sanctuary in Batangas. Since Kring "knew" some people in the island, they allowed us to use their facilities for free. I actually wanted to try the intro dive but I didn't persist because there were a lot of people in the other group. Maybe I'll just try it next time. Well, we snorkelled the whole morning and I just loved the underwater scene. Another fascination in the island is a dog named Bogart. He's a brilliant retriever and I was amazed by his sheer size and his capacity to retrieve the water bottle, even diving under water.

We left the island around 2pm. But spontaneous plans are about to unfold. We had dinner at a Bulaluhan in Tagaytay with a splendid view of the Taal Lake. For dessert, we proceeded to Bag of Beans, which is a quaint coffee shop by the roadside. I love the ambience and the desserts were uberly yummy.

All in all, I had so much fun. Well, it was also an effective way of forgetting ;) I'm definitely going back next weekend.

4 comments:

joanne said...

I miss going to Sagada with you. (as if madaming beses tyo pumunta. hehe)

Mela said...

dive na! :)

taonglangit said...

yeah i will! ikaw mela, kelan ka? :)

taonglangit said...

balik tayo ng sagada jo! or better let's go somewhere else, embark on another adventure. :)