Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Defying gravity for 2010




Last night, I was reminded that one of my goals for this year is to update my blog weekly. Alas, I failed to do that for two weeks now. Its not for lack of possible topics because I got loads of things to talk about. The usual culprit is procrastination. Haaay. Okay, I'll make that one of my resolutions for this year
If I can do it now, I'll do it now. (*_*)

To start the year, I'm posting videos of our adventure in Enchanted River. Remember that river which was No. 6 in my Taften dream destinations? Well, I did it. The whole family went there on the second day of the year. Although it took us more than an hour of travel, it didn't disappoint us. The river was truly enchanting! It was nestled in a small grove of trees with limestone formations which contributed to the clear icy bluish waters. Its dark tinge comes from the Pacific sea pouring in from a deep underwater crevice. And when we took our first dip, we never wanted to go back up.



Before I proceed to the climax of this story, I have to confess a secret - I think I was a bird in my past life. Really, I am not afraid of heights and I even have this penchant for heights. At the top of my "things to do before I die list" is to go on a bunjee jumping spree. :) And related to the title of this post, I just couldn't resist the urge of defying gravity by jumping from the roots of the trees surrounding the lagoon into the cool water. Apparently, I was not the only one in the family who had "suicidal tendencies". We all had our chance to take the plunge.





But the second jump was more difficult because it was more or less a 30 feet drop from the water. We had to scale one side of the mountain and offer our bare flesh to the hungry bites of the insects so that we can position ourselves better for the jump. Before I decided to go for it, I resolved that in my lifetime, I don't want to answer a very difficult question - What If? When I look back, I don't want to have any regrets whatsoever. What do I have to lose anyway? So, with that, I strengthened my resolve to jump. The jeers and cheers of the onlookers and my mother's warnings added to the pressure. Well, at that point, there was nothing else to do but JUMP!




And I survived! Did it hurt? Yes. Was it fun? Loads of fun. Will I do it again? Definitely YES!

No comments: