Saturday, July 25, 2009

Youthful Innocence

This afternoon, I was able to attend my zipping class at the QC circle. Thanks to Prof. Dio who dismissed us earlier than usual, I was able to zip again. And zip I did, although I am really looking forward to the day when I'll be able to burn, burn, burn. Don't get me wrong, I am not a pyromaniac or anything, but I just want to experience the thrill of making loops, twists and turns with a poi on fire. The excitement is killing me.

Anyway, I digress. This post won't be about my poi class, I'll reserve that for another entry. I just wanted to share my experience of watching three children, lying on asphalt, cloud gazing and laughing over a private joke. It made me smile and think about what's waiting for them in the future. They looked so carefree and innocent but its sad to note that those are stolen moments of freedom. They were at the park to beg for money, not to play. At a very young age, they must have come face to face with some of society's evils. But for that one fleeting moment, they can escape reality and be children again - carefree and hopeful.

No comments: