Sunday, July 5, 2009

MJ's purpose

I just finished watching Oprah's interview with MJ done in the 90's and i got some wonderful insights into the personality of this amazing man.

O: Do you understand that there's a bigger hand at work here?
MJ: I believe in God, absolutely.

O: Everybody comes to this world for a reason, I think most of us spend our lives trying to figure out what the purpose of our being here is. What do you think your purpose is?
MJ: My purpose? Oh boy, I think my purpose is to give in the best way I can through song, and through dance, and through music. I am committed to my art. I believe that all art has its ultimate goal - the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. I believe that to be the reason of the very existence of art and I feel I was chosen as an instrument to give music, and love, and harmony to the world, to children of all ages, and adults, and teenagers.


***
I think he was prepared to go. He already fulfilled his purpose in life and he was able to inspire a lot of people of all ages and races to be true to themselves and give their best in everything that they do.

Someday, I wish I would know my purpose too and find my place in the greater scheme of things.

No comments: