Thursday, June 14, 2007

inspired!


I haven't written anything in a while. Yes, there were times when I really wanted to write something but I just didn't have the right words to describe my experiences. But, right now, I just feel so happy.. inspired even.. :-) hehe.. sheez, I just can't seem to wipe this smile off my face. Owel, i don't wanna dwell too much on the reason behind this sudden inspiration. Maybe I'll discuss it in my future posts. ;-)

Anyway, today is MDS's 62nd birthday. And for the second time, she spent it in PGH, in time for the inauguration of the medical wards that she donated to the said hospital through her PDAF. According to her, instead of allocating the funds to public works projects where the DPWH gets a huge chunk of the budget, she'd rather give it to the PGH for additional medical equipments - in turn, she would be able to help the 600,000 patients who avail of the hospital's services annually. Its not everyday that you get to see a politician like that. Although she has her moods, I really admire her courage and determination to change a lot of things in this country. It might seem like she failed, considering the current state of our nation, but one should never discount the impact of her deeds on the people's psyche. Maybe that's one of the reason why I've stayed with her all these years (3 years on the job come July). And I really love it when she ends her speech with these lines from William Henley's Invictus:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul!

No comments: