Friday, May 20, 2011

End of the World.

Today, 21 May 2011, marks the end of the world according to various religious groups. So, I might as well blog about my world-ender thoughts before I get blown out of this planet. There's an old saying that goes, "There are only two things that are certain in life: death and taxes." Well, I know I've paid my fair share of taxes but confronting the possibility of death is something that I have not fully embraced. The idea has crossed my mind several times but I have not reached the point where I can declare with full conviction that I've accomplished my purpose and my lease contract here on Earth maybe terminated.

Am I ready to meet my Creator? Not yet, but who am I to disagree with His infinite wisdom. But if my only purpose in life was to support my younger siblings through their college education - then I would say that I've accomplished that and more. I've taught them how to fish and even teach other people how to fish. I guess that's one of the lessons that I needed to learn during this lifetime - being grateful for the blessings that I've received and sharing these blessings with other people. If only everybody can do that, then I don't think we need to fear the end of the world. It would only mean the ending of one chapter and the beginning of an even more exciting journey. ;)

No comments: